ROSEMONT, IL, October 18, 2018 - Next week, over 5,000 suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants will gather for The ASSEMBLY Show at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL taking place Tuesday, October 23 through Thursday, October 25. The sixth annual event will include timely educational sessions, hundreds of exhibiting companies displaying products and services for manufacturing plants, a dynamic keynote speaker and two exciting networking receptions.
“We are thrilled to be back in Rosemont for our 6th Annual event and bring together over 300 exhibiting companies on our largest trade show floor to date with over 5000 buyers to see the latest technology on display,” said Tom Esposito, Publisher, ASSEMBLY Magazine. “We have a phenomenal line-up of workshops, education sessions, and new special events features including the FIRST Robotics Demonstrations, guided tours of the exhibit floor and the New Product of the Year Award. There is truly something for everyone at this year’s event.” Below is a schedule of events.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
- Workshops (1:00 – 4:00 pm) - There will be two half day workshops. The first will focus on Automated Assembly Systems with speakers from Arthur G. Russel Co, Performance Feeders Inc, Balluf Inc, and ATC Automation. The second workshop will focus on Robotic Assembly with speakers from Epson Robots, Universal Robots, SCHUNK, and KUKA Robots. Click here, for additional information.
- Robotics Demonstrations (4:00-7:00pm) - High school students from FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Illinois Robotics programs will demonstrate the robots they have built which use technology that is applicable for assembly manufacturing on from.
- The "Taste of Rosemont" Welcome Reception (4:00 - 7:00pm) will take place in the Exhibit Hall and will feature over 300 exhibiting companies including Gold Sponsor PROMESS; Silver Sponsors FESTO and Schunk; and Bronze Sponsors, Kistler, Orbitform, and Schmidt Technology, as well as dozens of charter exhibitors who have been part of the show since its inception in 2013. Click here for access to the floor plan and exhibitor list.
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
- Keynote Presentation (9:00 – 10:00 am) - Eric Pope, Vice President of Operations at US Synthetic Corp will discuss Culture by Design following the presentation of the ASSEMBLY Plant of the Year Award.
- Exhibit Hall (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) - Over 300 exhibiting companies will showcase new products and services.
- Learning Theater Presentations (11:00 am – 4:40pm) offer a unique opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their company’s expertise in an area related to the latest technological advances in assembly. Companies presenting include: Balluff, Bosch Rexroth, Desoutter Industrial Tools, elliTek, EPSON Robots, Go&Up Automation, Henkel Adhesive Technologies, Jervis B Webb Company- a Division of Daifuku North America, LACO Technologies, Inc., RedViking, Sturtevant Richmont, and Visual Knowledge Share, Ltd. Click here, for the schedule.
- 'Pub Night' Networking Reception (5:00 - 7:00 pm) - Relax over a pint, chat over burgers and make new connections while participating in pub-style games.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Exhibit Hall (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) - The 6th Annual ASSEMBLY Show will feature over 300 exhibiting companies. Click here for access to the floor plan and exhibitor list.
- Guided Tour of the Exhibit Floor (10:15 am – 1:15 pm) – New this year, editors of ASSEMBLY Magazine will lead four 45-minute tours focused on Adhesives, Conveyors, Robotics and Fastening Tools. Click here for more information.
- Learning Theater Presentations (10:20 am – 1:00 pm) offer a unique opportunity for exhibitors to demonstrate their company’s expertise in an area related to the latest technological advances in assembly. Companies presenting include: FANUC America Corporation, Real Time Automation, and Ubisense. Click here, for the schedule.
- New Product of the Year Award (2:00 pm) - The winner of the New Product of the Year Award, which honors the company that has the most innovative and efficient new product, will be announced.
Over 5,000 suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants interested in the latest technological advances in custom automated assembly systems, robotics, screw driving, adhesives, dispensing, plastics assembly, presses, conveyors, fasteners, packaging, workstations, welding, vision systems, and much more will attend! Click here to see registered companies.
The ASSEMBLY Show is sponsored by ASSEMBLY (www.assemblymag.com), a monthly trade magazine read by 56,000 engineers and managers responsible for manufacturing and designing cars, computers, catheters, coffee makers, etc. ASSEMBLY covers the processes, technologies and strategies for joining discrete parts into finished products. The event is produced by BNP Media (www.bnpmedia.com), one of the country's leading business-to-business media companies serving professionals across 50+ industries. For more information, visit www.theassemblyshow.com
# # #
For further information, contact:
Amy Riemer, Media Relations Representative