HORSHAM, PA—Aegis Software has introduced new capabilities in its latest FactoryLogix 2023.1 and 2023.2 releases.
“Our customers know that Industry 4.0 success hinges on collecting and contextualizing data from all factory sources, both human and machine,” says Jason Spera, CEO and co-founder of Aegis Software. “Efficient data from operators require user interfaces tailored to each specific process and person, which means it must be composable. On the machine side of the data equation, connecting with smart machines is relatively easy. Contextualizing data from the endless PLC-controlled factory assets in the world and making that standardized and useful has been a time-consuming and sometimes difficult matter.
“With our latest release, we’ve solved the challenge of connecting to and standardizing data from PLCs. Now, a factory full of custom PLC-driven assets can easily transform all that low-level data into contextualized standard IIoT data streams and add those to the vast data acquired from factory operators interacting with FactoryLogix through its new citizen-composable user interface. We have truly completed the IIoT information fabric of a factory.”
The new release includes the following features:
- PLC gateway. Aegis’ new PLC gateway simplifies and enables real-time connection and data transformation into standards-based IIoT between PLCs and any software system. The gateway goes beyond basic data mapping by discovering and then transforming PLC data tags to a contextualized IIoT data standard, ensuring data is accurate and actionable. Now, operators and managers can achieve greater visibility across the entire factory floor and make informed decisions based on up-to-date information to drive continuous improvement.
- Upgraded composable operator interface. When it comes to shop-floor interfaces, one size does not fit all processes or people. The FactoryLogix composable user interface designer enables customers to craft a unique interface per operator station using a vast library of ready-to-use applets. Have a different interface layout and content per station, or one for the whole factory, or change them weekly as managers learn operator preferences. No code, no building data models, no writing logic—just drag and drop. The latest upgrades have applets enabling further optimization of screen space, extended touch-screen-friendly features, and enhanced visualization of progress.
- Integration with Arena PLM. This integration automates data transfer between Arena product life cycle management software and FactoryLogix, eliminating duplicate data entries, reducing errors and inconsistencies, and creating a seamless digital thread from product design to production.
- Enhanced ‘limit rework attempts.’ The enhanced ‘limit rework attempts’ capability eliminates costly rework and repair actions by limiting the number of rework events by inspection code and the reference location.
- Inventory creation at point of material loading and scanning. This new feature ensures increased efficiencies by minimizing the steps required to load new material at a station while validating bar code content. Material UIDs can be initialized from a complex bar code when loaded and validated at a workstation and then consumed as normal inventory.
FactoryLogix is holistic and modular software with configurable modules to support and execute a discrete manufacturer’s strategy toward Industry 4.0. FactoryLogix manages the entire manufacturing life cycle: from product launch to material logistics, through manufacturing execution and quality management to powerful analytics and real-time dashboards. This end-to-end platform helps companies accelerate product introductions, streamline processes, improve quality and traceability, reduce costs, and gain greater visibility for competitive advantage and profitability.For more information, clickwww.aiscorp.com.