Mass Customized Manufacturing: Theoretical Concepts and Practical Approaches
Published January 5, 2017
Reference - 314 Pages - 90 B/W Illustrations
- Offers solutions to current problems related to mass customized manufacturing systems
- Discusses advantages and limitations from the perspective of manufacturers
- Presents a hands-on introduction to network design and complexity management in variant production
- Teaches how to successfully apply the strategy in terms of mass productions
- Describes suitable product architectures applicable in design of mass customized assembly along with optimization techniques.
This book brings several original contributions to research and practical applications in the field of mass customization from the designer, manufacturer, and customer perspectives respectively. It presents advancements in product design for mass customization, design of assembly and supply chain processes, variety induced complexity models, complexity management, marketing tools, information systems to support decision-making, and critical success factors of this manufacturing and marketing strategy.. A special focus of interest is also on the use of product configurators in practice and sustainability assessment for mass customization strategy. The aim is to disseminate current developments and approaches for further theoretical investigation and practical applications of mass customized manufacturing systems.